Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Would You Like to Swing on a Star... (oh oh oh!)
Sometimes I wish I was that chick from that one show back in the eighties - "Out of This World." You know, the girl that could stop time just by pressing her two fingers together.
Wouldn't that be awesome? (Don't tell anyone, but sometimes I actually try it. Just in case.)
BUT, unfortunately, I'm not a half-alien hybrid teenager with my own syndicated sitcom, so I can't just stop time whenever I want to. But if I could...here are the things that I would do:
1. Take a loooooooooooooong glorious nap. This would definitely be #1 on my priority list.
2. Read the Game of Thrones series. I watched the last season on DVD and got hooked. Unfortunately, we don't have HBO so I can't watch the new season and now I am in serious withdrawal.
3. Hmmm. Maybe it would make more sense to subscribe to HBO before stopping time. Then I could watch HBO on demand like a mad woman while time was stopped. UNLESS, would the tv be stopped in time too? These are the things I think about at night.
4. Enjoy the silence. My kids talk all.the.time. No, seriously. Like ALL.THE.TIME. A day with no one talking to me sounds like the most perfect day ever right about now. Maybe I can ask for that for Mother's Day?
5. Take another nap. Seriously, time is stopped. It's my prerogative.
6. Catch up on my photo albums. I take pics all the time (clearly evidenced here on my blog), but haven't put a picture in a photo album since my baby shower for Ashley. That is almost 7 years of pictures, people!!! If Shutterfly ever goes bankrupt I am sooooo screwed.
7. I should probably clean the house. And then keep time stopped for at least a week after that so it actually stays clean.
8. I would say catch up on work, but it seems like the more on top of things I am the more work I am given. I am beginning to wonder if slacking might be a better life-choice.
9. Play lots of Bejeweled Blitz and rack up millions of coins.
10. Nap some more.
So what would you do if you had an alien cube for a father and were given the magical ability to stop time?
P.S. Maybe next week I'll talk about all the things I would do if I had a robot for a little sister. (FYI - my psyche has been permanently affected by bad eighties sitcoms.)
at 11:53 PM