See, when I am struggling with blobbiness, it is important to write about it. Because then I get great comments from you all on how to fix it.
I am really liking Funny in My Mind and Marcia (123 Blog)'s ideas about making a list of things to do and then blogging about it. But I'm gonna add my own little twist to it too, since you know me, I like to get twisty. I'm going to do 36 things - 36 things before I turn 36!
(I turn 36 on December 18th. It's already November 9th, people. I need to get cracking.)
Luckily Marica is bossy, so she gave me two things for my list already:
1. Take fall pictures of the kids: DONE!
2. Cook Thanksgiving turkey
Hmmmmm. Now for the rest....
Crap, I can't think of anything.
Lemme try harder.
SHOOT, this is hard. Okay, here we go:
3. Go see a movie in a movie theater (Boring, but whatever, let's get this list moving)
4. Wash my minivan (it's scary dirty)
5. Eat a lot of peppermint bark
6. Go out on a date with my husband
7. Learn a dance with Ashley
8. Soak in the Jacuzzi
9. Write a short story (Hey, it's not a book, but it's something!)
10. Decorate a Christmas tree (free pass)
11. Go out with my girlfriends
12. Finish reading Wuthering Heights
13. Take Aidan out for a date
14. Take Owen out for a date
15. Buy some new shoes (Scott's gonna love this one)
16. Learn how to make my mom's almond cake icing
17. Take a family picture with all FIVE of us in it (whoah)
18. Go out for strawberry margaritas
Shit. I am only half way done.
19. Bake cookies
20. Make another wreath (ruh-roh)
21. Watch that "Once Upon a Time" show (I hear it's good.)
22. Make homemade macaroni and cheese (anyone have a good recipe for this? I've been wanting to make it lately.)
23. Take a day off just for me
24. Drive around and look at Christmas lights
25. Wear false eyelashes
26. Buy a cute winter hat
27. Watch "The Polar Express" with the kids
28. Bake a pumpkin pie
29. Drink hot chocolate with marshmallows in it
(I am noticing a theme here involving food and drink. Apparently I define excitement in my life by being well-nourished.)
30. Slow dance with my husband
31. Figure out how to display our family photos on the wall
32. Go out wearing bright red lipstick
33. Eat sushi
34. Plan a vacation
35. Rearrange the furniture in the living room
36. Turn 36. And try not to cry about it.
DUDE. I am going to be busy.